Behavioral Health and Addiction
WellHealth Medical Associates is Southeast Michigan’s leading provider of behavioral health and addiction services designed to assist adults and teens with dependency issues.
We’re dedicated to changing lives with a multi-faceted approach that treats the underlying causes, as well as the immediate concerns, of those struggling with addiction, behavioral issues, and psychiatric disorders.
We treat patients suffering with all types of substance abuse problems, including alcohol, stimulants, opioids, hypnotics, sedatives, benzodiazepines, and more. We have found that over 80% of patients dealing with substance abuse are suffering from one or more psychiatric disorders, such as ADHD, bipolar disorder, anxiety, or depression. We specialize in providing a dual-diagnosis and developing a comprehensive treatment plan that treats not only the substance abuse, but the underlying causes.
Now Offering Individual , Family & Group Counseling as Well as Evaluation & Testing for Common Mental Health Conditions
We are pleased to welcome Dr. Chlorine Wimberly, Licensed Clinical Therapist and Social Worker to our team. Dr. Wimberly has extensive experience in providing formal Interviewing, Evaluation, Assessment Testing as well as providing individual, group and family therapy of patients suffering from: ADHD, Mood disorders, Anger Management, General Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar disorder, PTSD, Domestic/Sexual Abuse, Bereavement and Emotional/Mental Health well-being. She has over 20+ years of experience and is committed to providing exceptional services to each client.
Our Behavioral & Addiction Services Include:
- Licensed Suboxone Provider
- Treating All Types of Substance Abuse
- Specialize in Dual Diagnosis
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Diagnosis & Management of Common Psychiatric & Behavioral Conditions
- Counseling Services and Neuropsychological Testing
SE Michigan’s Addiction Medicine and Mental Health Expert
Dr. Murthy is Fellowship trained in Addiction Medicine/Dual Diagnosis as well as board certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine. He has extensive expertise in behavioral and addiction medicine and is one of a limited number of doctors licensed to provide Suboxone to opioid dependent patients. We also conduct drug and alcohol assessments for patients and coordinate a plan of care which may include specific lab testing, urine drug screens, addiction counseling services, neuropsychological testing and much more.
Furthermore, we diagnose and manage common mental health conditions including, Attention Deficit Hyperactive disorder (ADHD), Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder, and more. We are closely affiliated to Abaris Behavioral Health & Pioneer Counseling Centers. We pledge to treat every patient with compassion, dignity and clinical excellence. If you are looking for expert care from a well-qualified medical expert, schedule an appointment for a confidential consultation.
Our Approach to Treating Addiction and Behavioral Disorders
Our treatment is designed to assist individuals and families in responding effectively to addiction through a multi-faceted approach. Our addiction treatment services involves diagnosing the underlying cause through neuropsychological testing and observation, treating symptoms with the appropriate medications, behavior modification therapies, and compassionate counseling.
Our Other Comprehensive Care Services Include:
- Prenatal Care (Many go to OB for delivery, then back to WellHealth for care)
- Gynecology – Pap Smears, Contraception, Menstrual Disorders, Menopause, Female Hormonal Panels, and More.
- In-house Lab Services
- Pediatric Care
- Substance Abuse Issues During Pregnancy (OBGYNs with these types of patients tend to send them to Dr. Murthy for Addiction and GYN care)
- Scheduling Counseling for Patients
- Pre-Placement Examination
- Immigration Physicals
- EKG/Pulmonary Function Testing
- Medical Marijuana (For Qualified Applicants Who Meet Specific Criteria)
- Joint Injections
- Trigger Injections
- Skin Biopsy
- Incision and Drainage of Abscess / Cyst
- Dermotological Care for Excema, Psoriasis, Wart Removal, and More.